Monday, February 16, 2009

::whistles affirmation::

Today we had an All Staff In-service at Rival!Christian College's conference center, which I must admit is nicer...  It was not as bad as I thought it might end-up being.  favoriteKate had to be there too, and I was introducing her to people left and right.  It made me feel good about myself!  I've only worked there a year and a half and I know so many peoples!  Yay!

Teen Librarian's birthday is tomorrow (Tuesday) and BestBossEVER!'s birthday is Wednesday.  In honor of their birthdays and their love of Star Wars, I was made the BEST CAKE EVER!  It is a white cake with buttercream frosting (which is basically butter and powdered sugar with a splash of vanilla extract...aka heaven).

Here it is when it was pieces of cake placed together.  It's a 8 by 13 and a 9 inch round.  I actually baked it yesterday, and shaped it, saran wrapped it and threw it in the fridge.  I am SOOOO glad that I had the foresight to do this, becuase I frosted it today for 5 hours.  No joke.




I started with a crumb coat of frosting, and then got out my Wilton frosting bag, tip #18: The Star.  Here it is a little further along the way.


Isn't it pretty!!!

2 comments:

Moi said...

wow! that is super impressive. good job!

Toi said...

This is amazing. You should get your own Food Network show.