Thursday, November 13, 2008

Twilight, demystified

First, dear friends, my new favorite Karl Rahner quote:

"If I'm stuck in a pile of shit, I want someone who isn't in the same pile of shit to help me out."

Isn't theology fun?!?!?!

But, on to more pressing matters:  today at work, BestBossEVER! was in his office chuckling to himself.  "Commere!  You've gotta see this!"

I appeared in his doorway, and he looked-up, laughter-eyed and then realized something.  I think he was realizing that I am a girl.

"Wait.  How do you feel about Twilight?"

"Haaate."  I replied, thinking, of course, of the horrid books that kept on going and getting worse and the soon-to-be movie.

BestBossEVER! perked back up, saying "Okay, you read this and I will watch the desk while you read."

Toi, I hope you are enjoying this article.  I thought of you.

Awesome!SleepyMono--still working on the name, apparently--you know it's true.  All of it.

Moi and Pomme, yes, this is what Monica was reading to me in the car in Lansing.  In my defense, it is like junk-food: you never know you've eaten too much until you get sick and chuck.

5 comments:

SleepyGirl said...

::: LAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGHS :::

That's the most magical article I've ever read in my entire life.

(And of *course* it's true -- they're utter crap! But lord knows I've read *worse* crap in my life, so who am I to judge, aha.)

PS, you're going to the movie with me.

Sorry.

SleepyGirl said...

Just read it again.

Made me laugh even harder, despite having just read it thirty seconds ago.

"Paeans to flawless cheekbones" may be my new favorite phrase.

Toi said...

That is an awesome article.

Also, I went and read recaps of the books from the girl who does the parodies in 15 minutes. Wow. I can't believe these books got published.

Rachel said...

...I commented on that blog post the day he posted it. I feel ashamed now that you all may have read my comments.

DY is one of my favorite bloggers.

Rachel said...

omg I hope you didn't read any of the comments. AT ALL.