Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Make this last forever

I had a VERY nostalgic weekend. That is not to say that I didn't have tons of fun!

It all started with driving over to meet-up with MMMonoca and Toi and Pomme. Being truly set in our ways, a Meijer run ensued. Who doesn't love a Meijer run?!?!!?

I left before everyone else, off to a wedding that...anyway...

And then I went to my cousin's graduation open house. I was unaware that when graduating college you then returned to your home town and your parents reused any and all decorations that did not have a date on them from the party held 4 years prior. Of course, he is a child of divorce, so I'm a go with that. One of LB's friends who now lives in DTown came over for the party. She and I lamented to each other for what seems like hours over the tragedy that is life after college. Such laments included:

-No longer living in the same building as all of your friends
-No longer knowing everyone in your "city"
-Friends having babies and making you feel that being "hot and single" is really being alone and unwanted
-No more late night Meijer runs
-Midnight shows are still fun, but the screaming of small children and the exhaustion the next day are not
-Being grown-up sucks
-Working sucks

Monday night, I went on a friend date with Kimmmmm. I went to high school with Kimmmmm and we stayed in touch pretty okay throughout college, but since she moved back into town, we haven't really seen each other. So, we went to the movies just like in the old days. Her apartment is CUTE!!!!!!! OMG adorable. It is up on Leonard and is half of the top of a house. I like the layout and while the whole time I couldn't stop from thinking about how much stuff I would still have at my parents' house or a storage unit if I lived in a small one bedroom--she totally rocks it. I mean, I still don't **see** most of my things on a regular basis, but they are under the same roof. Of course, most of the charm of her apartment was the way that she had done it up. Great eye for pulling together a room and picking out furniture that will not only fit but also she redid a lot of it so, yeah. Basically I am jealous of her artsy-ness and will never be able to pull that off myself. I will purchase it from Pottery Barn...like that Friends episode.

Everything on that list, Kimmmmm and I went over in varying detail. Of course, we spent a great deal of time discussing how working sucks. She works for EvilInsuranceCorp, which pays well, but she feels like she would shine out a lot more if the economy didn't suck so hard, thereby making all of her coworkers horribly, horribly over-qualified. Neither of us, sitting chatting years before over Crab Cheese and a rousing game of Carcassonne, would have seen either of our jobs coming.

But, at least I have reconnected with an old friend and we have vowed to do it again! Yay!!!!

Completely unrelated. Someone is making me this.

No comments: