I. Am. So. EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!
You know how you plan a trip for so long and pain-stakingly consider every detail and you dream of going someplace and it is in movies and posters and postcards and then...and then you realize that your flight is tomorrow. Tomorrow you are going to finally go to Yellowstone. Yellowstone National Park. The first park. *The* park. This is the park that started it all. The park that was once just land that, in discovering its wonders, made Roosevelt stop and think. Made such an impression on Roosevelt that he made up some bullshit about a National Parks Program. And he protected it so that I could go and see it all pretty and full of geysers and bears!
You guys, Roosevelt made me a park...and I am going there tomorrow!!!!
So. Fucking. Excited.
I have that feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach before anything exciting happens. That moment when you sit at the top of the roller coaster before you drop. Or when you are having a fabulous night and your favorite scene is coming up and you have to join in. Love it.
Also exciting, that one guy from work who makes my life awkward is not here today. Win! And now that I say--well, type--that, he's going to randomly appear to work the last hour that the library is open. On that subject, I really do not understand how their student worker schedule works. I would have gone insane, especially in the summer when I did not take any classes. None of them seem to come in for more than 2 hours at a time. A two hour shift? At minimum wage? Whose genius idea was that?
I have decided that, instead of my original genius plan of visiting states every weekend, since I have all four day weekends, I am going to be responsible. This is partially due to the fact that I am still a baby in the eyes of car rental companies and so they charge me extra dollars for driving their cars. In most states it is not that bad ($10 in Utah). Also, I have new found respect for Michigan. Michigan and New York are the only states that mandate an allowance for those age 18-20 to take out a rental car. Most other states have "Youthful Drivers" starting at 21-24.
And here I thought that nothing good would come of turning 25. I am renting a car when I turn 25 and driving it around town. Preferably a Lexus.
1 comment:
Have a great time! Don't get eaten by a bear!
Post a Comment