Friday, February 4, 2011

Bliss

I forgot how exhilarating it is to have a snow day! And then to have two...I cannot describe my pure elation! I did *nothing* productive. I even had time to make some delicious soup. I had some red potatoes and thought to myself: soup. And then I made it. I threw in some corn and some vegetable broth and some spices and it is delicious, Thank God, because I have leftovers. And we all know how I feel about wasting food--especially homemade food. Almost as strongly as I feel about wasting alcohol.

Of course, working at the public library we would close for weather, but it was always kind of stupid. Like...closing early at 6 instead of 8--we were already there, just let me get some work done and by 8 all of the idiots will be off of the road. The other annoyance was missing a snow day. Being hourly union people, we were still paid for closed times when we were scheduled, which was great, but if you weren't scheduled the snow day it just kind of sucked. Instead of being able to get your errands done that day, you were trapped in your home and would most likely have to go to work the next day! Lame.

Being salaried, however, makes snow days the most wonderful feeling of all--especially these past two where I've had the great fortune of knowing ahead of time. Fabulous!

So, I get two weekends this week, since I was just given a two-day break and work today (jeans day!) and have the regular weekend starting this afternoon. Shots all around!

I am guessing that we have all seen this, but I still find it delightfully entertaining:




Dear Fox News people: Egypt is the one on the left with the giant river. Yes, you do know the name of one country in Africa.

1 comment:

Jennifer McGraw said...

Wow...and our government is upset that our "students" don't know their geography? Might have to borrow your pic!!
I LOVE snow days! Especially days that you wake up and surprise - you don't have to work today! What a gift.