I, Aussie, Queen of the Underappreciated Inactive but Elegant Thinkers (Q.U.I.E.T.) decided that regualr exercise would be a decent life choice. Despite the unbearable boredom that I associate with regular exercise, I decided to take-up yoga (I do value being flexible) and maybe treat myself with the occassional winter nature walk. I think we all know how I feel about snow. Also, I absolutely adore pronouncing to a room "I think I shall that a constitutional."
This was in mid-November. Going to Europe helped jump-start this program, because I walked everywhere. Lots of stairs. I did pretty good, considering how busy I always am. . . and considering the fact that I blatantly refuse to dispense with any of my alotted reading time for anything. Also, let's just admit it; Facebook is an evil time thief, feeding off of the time that it steals from its many unsuspecting victums.
So anyway! I was doing good. I was Yoga-ing and nature walking and I was happy. And then I stopped. Not because I got bored. Not becuase I no longer saw the point. certainly not because I had achieved 8-pack abs and checked that off of my bucket list.
Nope. I got the plague. Guys, I have been sick for over six (6) weeks. SIX WEEKS! Lame. In the course of my illness, I have continued to do many of the things that I always do (40 hours at work, choir, Church multiple times, cantoring, reading a book every week), but I lost my exercise time. I now only use the word "constitutional" when it is followed by the word "ammendment." It's not that I dislike constitutional ammendments...I just so prefer straight-up constitutionals.
In the course of this illness, I have lost my voice three times. I was laid-up in bed during my two glorious consecutive snow days. Sure, it was convenient, but who wants to waste a snow day on that--let alone two? Now, with a four-day weekend approaching, I am preemptively pissed that I woke-up with no voice this morning and shall apparently spend the weekend in bed, not out boozing and seeing the world.
I typically attempt to refrain from such maledction, but to whomever sent this plague upon me: Fuck you.
No comments:
Post a Comment