Friday, January 9, 2009

Scholarly literature

Here I sit, innocently doing my homework like a good girl.  Yes, I have better things to do on a Friday night, but I must have these things done that I might frolick with AwesoMMMe come Saturday night.  The things we do for friends.

In any event!  Innocently studying, reading assigned articles and chapters from texts.  I get to one of the articles that I had printed to save my poor eyes (on recycled paper, of course! no worries!) and I look at the author.  Steven J Bell.  That name sounds familiar.  Perhaps, I muse, in my various studies from last term, as well as leisurely reading in ALA periodicals and the like, I have stumbled across the name before...

OMG!!!1 I am so excited!!!!!!!  I am learning the prominent names of writers in my discipline!  Yay for me!

Oh, wait.  No.  douche-bag.  What kind of pompous prof assigns you reading that *they* wrote.  Just give it to me in  lecture.  Don't lecture me and then make me read an article that your lecture was based on.  Grrr.

No comments: