Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Webb is my HERO!

Library! in $nooty $uburb is having a talent show. Apparently, one of the acts is a very talented young pianist who intends to play a piece that requires all 88 keys of the piano. Dang.

So Miss Trish was all like..."Does anyone have a keyboard with 88 keys, because we need one and all we have is half of a keyboard..."

And then I called Webb, who used to be my choir teacher. He adored me. He still adores me, apparently, because he helped me push a full piano from his high school to the library across the street. I thought it was closer and smoother until we started pushing a piano.

This was, however, the highlight of my day! Not only did everyone look at us funny as we pushed this piano a good half mile, but I got to hang out with Mark, who makes me happy! Yay!

Along the way, he told me about how, allegidly, when there was a piano builder in town, they would dump bad pianos into the lake! Too cool!

Along the way, random lady on the sidewalk commented: "Oh! I gave my piano a walk just this morning!"

And then we took it into the library, into the elevator downstairs and then recieved magnanimous praise. Yay!

Don't worry, darling readers, I was sure to thank Mark profusely. Many times. Repeatedly.

And now all of co-workers think that I am crazy, but at least there is a piano for the talent show!

2 comments:

Moi said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Did you take pictures on your piano journey? Because those would be hilarious!

Pomme said...

Omg! You hung out with Webb! I am so jealous!