Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's gonna happen. Happen sometime!

You guys--something exciting has happened. I applied on a whim to the Naval Library in Quantico--you know, where Agent Gibbs works. Well, I got an email today. Guess who made it into the final round of application eliminations! That would be me. So in a token "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR WE WILL BLACKLIST YOU AND ALSO SHRED YOUR APPLICATION AND REMOVE YOUR IDENTITY FROM SOCIAL SECURITY BECAUSE WE CAN DO THAT" email, I was informed that after a final review of applications, I might be asked for an interview-- ("THIS IS NOT A JOB OFFER"). Honestly, with all of those capitals, how am I supposed to know where the important parts are?

So, here's hoping. DC would be--I can't bear to count chickens, you guys, but suffice it to say that this may be what I have been waiting for. Here is hoping. I find myself praying about it every spare moment. For instance, right now at work, while I am writing this blog entry, I find myself stopping typing mid-sentence as I become overwhelmed with what is undeniably the most hope I have allowed myself to feel in quite a long time--and then I pray.

In other news, I was reading an article on CNN Money about why people hate their jobs now more than ever...and they interviewed this guy who works 80 hour weeks and hasn't gotten a raise in 2 years and was taking an offer with hirer salary and less hours. Smart! He decided to write a ginormous letter of resignation detailing what a shitty position he had...and the columnist said(paraphrasing) "yeah, don't do that. Ever. Bad life choice." Apparently, they can consider that to be your date of leaving instead of giving a 2 weeks and screw you out of vacation pay out and benefits. Yikes.

Oh, and yeah. Read this. I feel like Moi might actually be good at it...

More laters, but for now, it feels like maybe this time I'll win.

3 comments:

Jennifer McGraw said...

Wow! How cool...even it if it is just the hope...at least you can say you were in the finalists for Quantico!!! How cool is that!

Miss seeing you at Chamber - Nina explained why.

I'll have some free time in July - if you're in DC maybe I could come visit!

Praying....

Toi said...

I am so, so excited for you. This is amazing. Congrats on making it this far and I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your interview!

SleepyGirl said...

GASP!

Who will I go to midnight shows with if you move to Washington DC!?