Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No alcohol, day 7

I made it a whole week!

I still went to the local establishment to hang-out with the boys after choir. They think that I am crazy. One of the basses is an aggressive atheist. You know the type--he challenges and questions everything that I do and claims to be logical and rational about his entire world-view, but when I poke holes into his "logic" he flips out. Kind of annoying. And these "holes" are not pin-pricks, my friends, you could fit a full-grown elephant through them. But, in the name of friendship, I avoid these topics when others are around to avoid the awkward.

So, anyway, he asked a loaded question "So, what would happen if you drank? I mean, is God going to smite you? It's this really just self-imposed suffering?"

Ugh. I do not even know where to begin! Apparently, he is not in-on our mutual understanding of remaining civil and **not** picking a fight.

I replied shortly that this is a promise that I personally made to God and that it is an exercise in the discipline of self-control and fasting.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

I ignored him.

Candle: I made it a whole week!

No comments: