Today was the Rite of Election at the Cathedral. I was there because I am a catechist for the Cathedral's RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for adults). The Rite of Election, if you've never been, is when those who are planning to become Catholics at the Easter Vigil mass are introduced to the Bishop. This hearkens back to when it was illegal to be Catholic/Christian, so it was a way to make sure that the people entering the Church are not super secret spies...which is why their names are all written down in a book that they then hand over to the Bishop.
Yes. Very lovely ceremony. At one point, this set of 4 year-old twins went up to meet the Bishop. It was adorable. He bent onto one knee and chatted with them at length. When the twins rejoined their parents, they looked so excited. It was great. I wonder if they talked about cars.
Candle: All of the brass playing in the Cathedral. It sounded heavenly
No comments:
Post a Comment