
Okay, so maybe not the best snow day EVER!...but still a success. You see, I don't get up and look at the TV closings because, as a staff member, I am on the phone tree. Theoretically, I get a phone call before the stations update their listings. Today this theory was proven false. I was almost at work by the time I got the phone call. It was after 7am.
So, I was clearly quite awake when I returned home and, honestly, my hair was still wet so I didn't want to sleep on it like that...and I was hungry.
I made soup, pita chips, and a pie. I fed my sourdough starter copious amounts so that I can bequeath some on to Erik tomorrow for his birthday....and I put mine back in the fridge so that I can make sourdough pancakes in the morning! yummm!
I got some at-home tasks done. My Evernote "to-do" list is very happy now. Lots of check marks.
Then I shoveled the driveway. Guys, that was some wet, heavy snow. There couldn't have been more than an inch on the driveway, but it took me forever to clean it off. Blech.
Then, I went to hang-out with boy. He passed the TFA exam, scoring in the 97th percentile. Woot! Downside: they have now moved-up his start date, so he will be leaving for Phoenix in March, not Memorial Day Weekend. Ugh.
We ran some errands. He was in search of jeans and I teased him about his store selection. Earth-changing moment of the night? We had dinner at Panera Bread. Yummy, right? **LOVE** their sourdough bread. So, I order a You-Pick-2 (which, we decided, has gone up considerably. It was $6.29 before tax!) and the lady handed me a pager thing. I'm sorry, I thought I was at Panera, where I walk down to the charming counter and yuck it up with the cooks and then they give me my food and I can see just how freshly prepared it was. Clearly I missed the memo about the LIFE ALTERING CHANGE TO THE UNIVERSE!
So we sat down with our beepers at our table and waited, awkwardly, for our food. It took Boy all of 7 seconds to look under the table to find the sensors that sent a signal to the kitchen staff showing which beeper numbers were at which tables so that they can just--OMG, look my food!--magically appear.
I am not sure that I can handle all of this life-altering change devoid of drinks.
Candle: Stephen Colbert gave-up high-fiving conquistadors for Lent. It is almost like when, back in 2008, John Kroondyke gave-up eating Tiger meat.
No comments:
Post a Comment