Saturday, February 25, 2012

No alcohol, day 4

Rather tame day, friends. I ate some stuff, read some stuff, ate some more stuff, sang some stuff, and then I ate some more.

Today is Erik the Swede's birthday and MMMonoca invited me over contingent that I "get out of here in time for me to make out with him". I think it was successful! I brought him Sourdough starter for his birthday. You guys, he was so pumped, he said "Thank You" like 12 times.

Plus! he successfully blew-out his birthday candle! Hurray!

We attempted to enjoy a movie. I say attempted because MMMonoca had The Rum Diary checked-out from ye old public library.



And, much as we tried to discern the plot, it was generally slow and terrible. We kept booing the trashy would-be-mermaid whore character and then the next second, commented on just how attractive Johnny Depp is. Always. There is no such thing as a bad angle or a bad light. And don't get me started on when he puts a cigarette in his mouth.

Well, since I bring it up...the only thing in this world that could get this girl to smoke is Johnny Depp. If all I had to do to meet him is smoke a pack a day for a year, I am game.

But, not even that could keep us engaged.

MMMonoca: We are an hour and 15 minutes into this movie, and let me tell you, I am not that interested.
Aussie: Yeah. Not feeling it plot-wise.
MMMono: **sigh**
Aussie: {scrounging the coffee table for the case} how long is this anyway?
MMMono: I just. I don't feel like it is going anywhere.
Aussie: TWO HOURS!!! I don't know if I can sit through 45 more minutes of this, even with--oh that is a good shirt for him to be in!
MMMono: ...
Aussie: ...
MMMono: I'm done.
Aussie: Agreed. I'll just Google pics of Johnny later.

Not even a bedazzled turtle could save it.



Nor Aaron Eckhart (who was dressed in a white suit, so we knew he was the bad guy).
Nor references to 470 proof alcohol.
Nor Johnny Depp as a human flame-thrower.

Looking back, it was all in the pacing and the execution. It's a shame, really. That could have been movie magic.

Candle: "Try to look normal."

No comments: