Guys, I think that I am getting too old for four-day weekends in Chicago with my favorite cousin. It is just so exhausting. Also, I am really tired...I am blaming it on the heat, but I think that part of it is that I am old and less accustomed to drinking and then drinking and then drinking more and then repeating this the following day(s). There was much protestation when I insisted on sobering-up before I went to Church.
But! we did stay up to watch the sun rise, which was fantastic. I need to upload those pictures, because they are just...fabulous. And fun. And I got to play with Pomme! Despite it being 90 million degrees outside, she looked adorable and unfazed by the sauna that we were in. I felt so inadequate, words cannot describe. I mean, honestly, the juxtaposition must have been uncanny.
Anyway, we went to this vegan restaurant where I promptly ordered a vegan milkshake, as I have not had a milkshake in eons--since months before I became vegan because I foolishly chose winter--and then I was incapable of finishing my pancakes, though they were delicious. Thanks, Pomme, for putting up with my crazy vegan-ness!
My cousin also had that crazy roof top party even though they weren't supposed to...they just cancelled the DJs. We skipped out on it, though, because none of his cool friends were coming, only the lame and/or weird friends of his roommate. When we got back the next morning, the place was trashed. Trashed like...
YOU GUYS! I was trying to remember Keith Richards's name, so I Googled "celebrity trash* hotel" and I found this...it is sooooooooooooo epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!
The first instance of modern hotel room trashing can probably be traced to F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, who reportedly fled their eucalyptus-scented bungalow at the now-demolished Ambassador Hotel of L.A.'s Wilshire Boulevard after it caught fire.
On fire! The hotel room caught on fire! And they ran away! EPIC!
I really want to read The Great Gatsby again, even though I'm going to be thinking of fires and Leonardo DiCaprio through the entire thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment