Monday, August 15, 2011

Feeling...whole

For reasons unbeknownst to myself, I was watching television this morning. Not a DVD of a TV series, but actual, live, broadcast television. Weird. One of those commercials came on, you know the ones, for some shampoo that is supposed to be better than the others. They started with the classic opener "Split ends?"

Which got me thinking...I might have split ends!! I proceeded to grab a tuft of hair and look. Nope. Hmmm. How does one acquire split ends? save me, Google!

After consulting multiple resources of questionable and not-so-questionable repute, I have come to the conclusion that I **must** have split ends, I am just too dense to see them. Which is alarming, because my hair is long enough to look at quite easily, and I already have glasses, so it can't be vision problems, surely. I...I am just retarded.

According to the literature, hair typically becomes split 3-4 weeks after the last time the hair was cut. If you take good care of your hair--conditioning, avoiding sun-damage, etc.--you can stave-off split ends for up-to 6 weeks. When was my last hair cut? November. That's 9 months ago!!!! There is no way that I do not have split ends...it just doesn't make sense. Googling further, I even found this lovely graphic to help...but, alas, I suck at life.



If anyone had even the smallest tinge of doubt before, I think it is irrefutable that I am not, have never been and will never be a girly girl. Oh well.

No comments: