Monday, July 25, 2011

Mortified

Sometimes, I simply cannot help feeling...I don't even want to say it, but for you, I will...Sometimes I cannot help feeling sorry for myself. I know that playing comparison games are just stupid, but I just can't help it.

Let's re-cap for those in the audience who do not have their fingers on the pulse of my family drama.

My mother, eldest in an Italian family of 6 kids, is super pissed that I am not married and barefoot and pregnant.
My brother, who is 27 to my 24, still does not have a job.
I am daddy's little girl, though he tells me when he thinks that I am being foolish or stupid.
My brother is a complete mama's boy and in her eyes, he can do no wrong. Even when he goes with his band on a cross-country road trip "tour" where they are not getting paid for playing, the van starts on fire and they lose half of their equipment, and then when he gets home he proceeds to couch surf for 3 years and still does not have a job of which to speak.
Brother is currently in Charlotte hanging with the Grandparents who are playing hospital shuffle.

Are we good?

Well, I discovered on the Facebook the other day that he has a girl friend. Hmmm. She looks familiar, because she's been at the house a few times playing his chauffeur. Of course, I figure that when you're dating someone and you bring them to your house that you introduce them to your family as "My girlfirend x" not "this is x". Silly me. So, I asked him. They've been dating for 3 months. THREE MONTHS and I find out on Facebook? Ugh. Whatever.

But, it is my life, so it obviously gets better. She is 20. She can't even drink yet! And, and she is at GVSU going into Hotel and Travel Management or some other bullshit that I had no idea was an actual degree.

On the plus side, maybe I can use her hotel discount in the future to score some savings. She can be my personal William Shatner!

No comments: