Thursday, July 21, 2011

Car guys

I have said it before, and I will say it again: the man that I marry needs to be a car guy.

There are, of course, the practical reasons: it is a valuable life skill, it saves a great deal of money to have a fix-it person in the house, true car guys tend to be in shape, my daddy is a car guy and I am too used to him fixing my car to marry someone who can't even change a tire, if there is an apocalypse his mechanical savvy will help us survive...

Currently, I am focusing on the less-than-practical reasons: purr. Allow me to expound on my thesis. I think that A) there is just something ridiculously attractive about a manly-man, but I must also point to B) car guys are generally nice guys. They are patient in explaining the car problem to you. They make the car problem go away. Most importantly, they get the car door for you and it is not awkward.

I took my car in earlier today--when it was only 94 degrees outside--because my muffler bracket had fallen off and between the heat and my lack of a personal car hoist, it is just easier to take this one into Tuffy. Also, I would like it fixed now so that I do not need to get a new muffler. After fixing it, the car guy was like, "Normally I would drive your car around for you, but it is slightly cooler in the shop. Plus, then you won't even have to go out in the sun. I've got it running for you, so the A/C should be nice and cold by now." Swoon.

That's what I'm talking about.

No comments: