I know that I promised that I would keep updating you on the awesome that was my trip...and I will! But now I also have a second trip of awesome, as well as a U2 concert to tell you about. And today is the best and yet saddest day of my life. It feels as though my childhood is officially ending, although JK is trying to help me cling to it.
In summary, I have been darting between work and vacation and grandparents who live on a farm and have only just heard of the Internet, so no blog for you. But I will fix that.
MMMono and I got to Meijer this morning and bought provisions at like...9 am. I do not think that I have ever been to MidnightMeijer at such an early hour. Well, I suppose technically I have been there earlier, but this is the earliest day light hour when I have been inside the doors. So, we got all of our snacks and then we got in line. And we proceeded to make friends with the people in line in front of us. Of course, this was outside of the theater, as the doors physically opened at 10am. But, as aforementioned, people were in front of us. ALSO, at least we were not the guy who got in line first. First, as in 13 hours before anyone else; as in, he will have been waiting 29 hours in line at the theater before the previews begin; as in, he got there at 7pm the night before and **spent the night in the movie theater parking lot**. He is about our age, maybe a touch older. Wow, kids. Wow. That's not even dedication, that is simply sad.
So, yes, I proceeded to finish a book, and then I ate some gummies and then I made the teenagers in line in front of us love me all the more because I shared my gummies. Nothing like old fashioned bribery. Aussie FTW.
Now I get to sit at work until 9pm and then drive just over an hour back to the theater. I think I can make it in just over an hour if there is no stupid stupid traffic.
Stupid thing my boss said to me at work today: "Since you're the only non-student worker, if there is an emergency at night you are responsible for the library. But be sure to get out yourself."
I was thinking about staying on and reading in peace, actually.
She came back out to the desk before leaving still all a twitter about the evacuation plan. Is there a drill? Because the weather is pretty calm outside.
Harry, come save meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment