Thursday, July 28, 2011

And then they interviewed me.

It has been a long week. Why did I decide to work all summer? Oh, right. MMMono convinced me that I needed to save up money and beef-up my resume. Haaaaaaaaate being an adult.

I have decided that instead of buying a house, I am going to spend my money on large trips abroad. We're talking African Safaris and European summers and big ass outback tours. I...I simply do not want to work all year and since I can't take vacation during the year, I need to spend the entire 9 weeks of summer in not Michigan. After crunching some numbers, this means that I will be spending 90% of my dollars on travel for the foreseeable future. Then, after 5 years of working at ye old high school, I will start trying to find a year-round job and take my vacation in one or two week bursts like the rest of the world. I think that this will be a viable substitute for the study abroad experience that I so sadly missed-out on at AQ.

In other news....CHICAGO WEEKEND! I am excited. However, the roof party that my cousin and his roommate had planned is no longer a go. Lame.

email from their management company:

Hello,

It has been brought to my attention that a big rooftop deck party is being planned at the building for tomorrow night.....to include a DJ???

This is to inform you that the rooftop deck is for your quiet enjoyment, not for large quantities of people and definitely not to include a DJ.

As a reminder, I have included the verbage from #8 of your lease rider:

8. Balconies and rooftop decks are to be occupied by no more than three persons at any one time, and shall not be used for storage or grilling. The porch or roof deck of this building should withstand a minimum of 100 lbs. per square foot live load, plus the weight of the porch or deck system, and is safe only for its intended use. PROTECT YOUR SAFETY. DO NOT OVER LOAD THE PORCH OR DECK. Any misuse of the rooftop deck will result in the termination of your lease.


To whomever has this party planned, I strongly advise that you cancel it immediately. The police will be called and we will enforce the provisions of your lease should we find any more than a few people on the rooftop deck.

I appreciate your cooperation and look forward to a peaceful weekend.

Thank you


Lame lame lame lame lame. What are they afraid of? A law suit if the roof deck suddenly collapses? Pshh. Oh. They *are* worried about a law suit if the roof deck suddenly collapses. Well. Uh... Right. It won't matter because we will all be too drunk to even care when we're plummeting to our imminent deaths. What's that? We would care.

Whatever. You spelled "verbiage" wrong. And, by using "verbage", you are simultaneously acknowledging that your rules are "Speech or writing that uses too many words or excessively technical expressions" AND that we are smarter than you so we should get to use the roof deck however we want anyway. So there.

No comments: