Monday, January 17, 2011

It's funny because you're stupid.

Do you do that thing where you leave emails that you need to answer later or reference again in the inbox? I do! Which is just silly, because I have Gmail. Archiving is magic! As of 3pm on Friday, my inbox had 294 emails in it. I went through this weekend and saved recipies on my laptop and saved pictures and bookmarked links that I wanted on my home computer. Now, I am down to 17 emails in my inbox. 17. Whoops--can't capitalize a number. SEVENTEEN. Epic.

I found this AWESOME error today on a website:

"Intern, many people tend to go sometime wearing the wrong size without noticing the discomfort."

I would like to analyze this quote further. We can surmise that interns, the modern form of socially acceptable slavery, are many. Much like in other forms of historical oppression, the oppressed often begin as a small group which in turn grows in numbers and can now be considered "many people". Of course, interns are unpaid, so it stands to reason that interns are poor. Monetarily speaking--they are a robust, spiritual people filled with hope for the future. It is clear that the lack of understanding that they are in discomfort due to this ill-fitting clothing is two-fold. First, the interns are unaware of properly fitting clothing, or if they were at one time aware, have come to terms with their lot in life, abandoning all hope. Second, interns are virtually incapable of noticing bodily discomfort from clothing, as they are mentally bullied, hazed, and overworked.

The word choice "sometime" has often confused me. "some time" and "sometime" are denotatively the same. Is there a distinction in how they can be used?

It's exams this week...which means 4 half days and next Monday off! Sweet!

No comments: