When I was in fifth grade, we did student lead prayer services on days that we did not have church...so every day excepting Wednesday. I'm sure we did this in some shape or form every year I was in Catholic grade school, but this year sticks with me the most because I had an AWESOME fifth grade teacher. So, we would pick the music and who would read and who would do whatever...it was pretty standard, I think. Early in the year, our teacher introduced us to this song called "Water" which for some reason has been stuck in my head all day. It goes like this (yes, i even remember the tune):
Water, water.
Cool and clean comes running on down
Water, water!
Bubble up out of the ground.
Water, water.
Stormy seas that batter the coast.
Water, Water!
It's the thing that matters the most.
Come rain upon us,
the waters from the heavens
Just like with Moses in the desert!
Water, water...
and then I foget the other verses, but it is presumably something about Jesus.
You are probably asking yourself, or even aloud as though I can hear you, "Why are you wasting a few and far between blog posting on this? I am outraged!!!!!!!!!" Feel free to editorialize on the number of exclamation points to appropriately express your own level of outrage.
You see, friends, I have had this song stuck in my head, and then I read this article.
This makes me think:
1. I really want to see that movie again. Remember when we saw it together, Toi and Mono?
2. This cannot be a coincidence that I remember a song about water from 14 years ago and the world is going into a water crisis with water thieves.
Hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment