Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I shove my hand where?

I think I hate Thanksgiving. I am not thankful for all of the work it is...and for what? I do not like stuffing nor cranberry sauce nor pecan pie nor the dry turkey (don't get me wrong--I LOVE turkey...just not the way it is prepared for a traditional T-Day feast) nor the tiresome conversation.

Blech.

I do enjoy mashed potatoes...and all of the alcohol. And giving thanks. I enjoy that part so much that I do it every night in my prayers before I go to bed. Unless, of course, I am too drunk. . .

My main qualm is that holidays are no longer fun and relaxing for me. "Relaxing" in my world involves a proper amount of sleep. "Fun" implies that I spend time with people whose company I enjoy. Am I simply asking too much?

Also...new vacation plan. Ireland, anyone? Really, I just want to go somewhere wonderful. PLEASE!!!! Anyone? Bueller?

1 comment:

SleepyGirl said...

Ireland is wonderful at certain times of year. When shall we go!?