So, I did not get the Youth Librarian Job at other branch. I am distinctly okay with this. Let's face it, I would have hated it. Immensely. And bitched about it all the time. I do not want to do story time for children aged 18 months to 3 years of age. Simply not appealing to me.
Good news: they hired an internal candidate! That means that her job is now open! Hurray! Let's recap the awesome of this job posting:
1. "Librarian" is in the job title
2. Collection Development is highly marketable to the academic realm
3. This position does nonfiction, which is even better for future academic employment options
4. Did I mention that "Librarian" in in the title?
Best option ever, right? Oh wait, The Downside: Fake dad's...I don't even know--soon to be ex-wife? bitter separated wife?... would be my cubicle-mate. Dammit. You see, kids, I liked FakeMom when she and FakeDad were at least pretending to be happily married. But now, well shit. It's awkward. All she ever talks to me about is how much of a bastard/ass/liar/meanie head he is. I really don't want to get involved. In fact, I don't want to know any details. And she's the blabber-mouth kind of distraught over it that she talks about it ALL THE TIME. Especially at work, even though they work for the same company.
What do we think, kids? Can I handle this?
In other news, a microplane grater would be an excellent Christmas gift. Or belated birthday gift. Your call.
2 comments:
Hmmmmm. Tough decision. Is the divorce almost final? Perhaps she will begin moving on with her life and discuss other topics with you.
But, the job sounds good and something you would be extremely qualified for. Would you get a "Librarian" nameplate?
My vote is to at least apply for the job. Ideally, they will adore you, will beg you to take the position and you can negotiate a private office far away from Fake Mom's TMI gossip. Otherwise you can invest in earplugs. Or work on feigning deafness. You can't let your job prospects/future employment be held back because of less-than-desirable co-workers. Apply! I know you can do it!
I applied. I'll let you know (obviously) how it turns out.
Post a Comment