Sunday, September 7, 2008

The downside of happiness

So, as many of you may (or more likely do not) know, I was raised without cable.

This means that, those lavish days in the dorm--and prison for that matter--have introduced me to the joys of cable.  Thus, nowback at home, I cannot bear life without it.

Thank GOD and the internet that one can watch Stephen Colbert's Colbert Report online.  Full Episode watcher, I adore you!

This leads me to the conclusion that I adore the Governor of New York, David Paterson.  Colbert, of course, had to be funny, but in the episode, Patterson dished it right back (about 15 minutes into the episode).

One of my fav moments was when Colbert marvelled at the fact that Paterson--who is blind if you were too lazy to follow the links or know anything about the NY governor--memorizes all of his speeches.  Colbert commented "If I had to memorize speeches, I would make every speech: 'My fellow Americans, God Bless America."

Paterson shot back: "If you were gonna give the speech you gave, that was about 20 of the speeches at the Republican National Convention"

Hilarious.  I love you State of New York.

Also, I need to get a Cinnabun the next time I go to an airport.

In unrelated news, my cousin is getting old enough to realize that he was born on the September 11.  My Aunt and Uncle have been celebrating his birthday on the 10th, because explaining death is hard enough, but that a national tragedy happened and you were born in between the two planes...that's a biggie.  So they're gonna feel out telling him this year.  So glad I do not have that problem.

In other news, Awkward!Toby wants $port and I to come over to his house to play Rock Band.  I would totally be in, as I love Blitzkreig Pop and Rock Band in general...plus he says that neither he nor his wife like doing vocals, which I love... , except I'm not feeling it so much because, well, it's Awkward!Toby...

Also, I'm working like, a gazillion hours this week, so I just might not be on the blog radar for a bit...

Yay!

2 comments:

Toi said...

Seriously, I love the full episode watcher. It is the greatest invention since sliced bread (...maybe).

SleepyGirl said...

I would vote against RockBand with Awkward Toby, but... I might just be mean.