Friday, October 28, 2011

Come fly with me. Come fly, let's fly away!

Hey guys! It's been a while.

In the past few weeks, I bought these boots:



And went wine tasting with Toi. And had cider. We need to go back, because their wine list was pretty delicious-looking and when you bring your glass back, you get a free tasting. Whee! I was a bit disappointed, because other tastings that I've been to gave you more than a splash. I was thinking more like this:



And then we went to eat with MMMMono...and then we saw the Three Musketeers. After the fourth time in two minutes that I twitched violently and said, "That. That wasn't in the book." MMMMono turned sagely toward me and said, "Maybe it's better if we just think of this as fan fiction."

On a whim, I decided to look at the pricing of flights on London around the time of my trip. I pulled-up a round trip flight with taxes at just over $1,000.

That's not too bad, I thought to myself. I wonder if Wednesday would be cheaper...

FALSE! When I changed the day, it was suddenly $2,300! After a great deal of date fiddling, I came to the conclusion that the original date was meant to be. I bought my ticket! Yay! My trip is becoming more and more real! And why were the other tickets so expensive? The Olympics, of course. I am leaving a few days after the Olympics end, so everyone and their mom (literally this time) will be trying to escape London.

Now, if only Frank were going with me. I could use some exotic booze...



Pack up; let's fly away!

No comments: