Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cha cha now, y'all

So, I went to this wedding, and I must admit---I hated it. It was in a small Episcopal church that was colder inside than it was outside. I was even wearing a sweater over my dress and I could not stop shivering! And the organ was too big for the space and the woman playing it was basically the definition of terrible. And then she sang a random song and holy warble Batman, it was awful. I have no idea what any of the words were and she just kept going on and on and on and then I realized that she was singing along with a recording. She had recorded herself playing piano and was singing along to that. OMG. And, of course, they used the 1 Corinthians 13 reading. Except...that's...that's not how it goes. Damn you Protestants!

Speaking of crazy Protestants, I am pretty sure that the old women minister brought her female life partner with her to the reception. After the vows---which were super sweet, guys, because he couldn't stop crying and then she had her shit together until "Until death do us part" when her voice went up about 3 octaves--so, after the vows, the crazy lesbian minister was all "We will now join hands and say the Lord's Prayer. The regular version that we all know." Maybe I'm just an awkward Catholic, but what other version is there? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that The Our Father is the most stand prayer in Christendom. ANYway...crazy lady.

Also, I didn't know anyone there. Except the Bride. Don't worry, I went to the correct wedding this time. So...I was cursing MMMono for being a beezie and lying to me to get out of being my date for the reception and Jasperse looked AMAZING!!!!1 (PS, MMMono, I gave Nanette dirt on you in the girls' room. Sweet, sweet vengeance).

Luckily, Lindsay Iwan was there at the reception, also flying solo, so I had someone to talk to who was not socially awkward. They had a recycled theme, which was adorable and still fall, but super creative. The invitations came in envelopes made of paper grocery bags and the favors were these super cute candles made from a fallen tree branch!



ALSO, Open bar. And she had a vegan meal option. Yummy pasta with a chunky tomato and summer squash topping. Delicious.

It never fails--every time I go to a wedding, they play the Cha Cha Slide. And they always play part 2. You know, the one with the Charlie Brown part. So, not only do I always end up counting a cha-cha step to those in my immediate vicinity (right-left-right,right-left-right), I also am always, without fail, the only one who can Charlie Brown. You know, the swing move. I found this snarky video that outlines the move.




Trip update: My departure date changed from "Available" to "Definitive Departure"! You guys! now it's for sure, for sure!

Cha-cha now, y'all.

1 comment:

Jennifer McGraw said...

So excited that you have a definitive date for your trip! And thank you for the charlie brown lesson - had no idea!