I watched the Quiz Bowl team compete with another school this afternoon. Wow. I would have cleaned-up all by myself! We won, of course, because Catholic education is so superior. And one of the kids on the team is a verifiable genius. He skipped grades and everything. He checks out hardcore science books for leisure reading.
Part of the problem that the remainder of the team faced, I noticed, was an inability to ascertain what the question was asking. They couldn't pull-out keywords. Even the smartest kids are not information literate enough to kick major ass at trivia.
I found this interesting graphic that might explain, to some extent, what the problem is. Also, the brain is displayed in a life-like pink color!

There is a work party this evening, so I shall likely regale you all with a lovely tail about that fabulous brand of entertainment in the days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment