Oh, God! It's almost been a month. Epic fail. Aussie is apparently not allowed to have a blog any more, since she can't keep this one alive.
I talked to most of you about travels, so I'll save that post for after I have gone through the 1,427 pictures that I took. Nope, didn't make that number up. Actual number of pictures that I took. At one point, my brother said "I think you have enough pictures to prove that you've been here." He later suggested that I use a picture 360 program to get a digital moodel of the Colloseum. I am considering this strongly.
In terrifying news, the person in charge of watering my plants at work failed me miserably. My spider plant is brown and sad. I am taking it home so that it can be nursed back to health. I haven’t even had it long enough to name it! I think it is a “her”, though, as they have babies.
I have also started to plan my spring break (woo hoo!), as travelling always gives me the travel bug. As does reading about travel. And hearing about travel. And being reminded of anything that links back to previous travels. Basically, I like to travel. I am currently on a quest to visit all 50 states. This is going to be epic. I have yet to determine the time line here, but I am thinking that within the next five years is very do-able. I am also considering what fulfills the criteria of visiting that will allow me to check it off of the list. Let’s vote:
A. Having spent the night and visited the major city
B. Visited the major city or attraction, not necessarily spent the night
C. Having eaten a meal in the state
D. Having seen 5 out of 10 of the major attractions of the state
E. Varies by state, based on a composite of geographic area and percentage of Republicans with guns
Depending on what criteria we use, I have anywhere from 8-19 states already done!
3 comments:
I vote for A. Driving to Florida every year...I could say that I have visited Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia. Alas, I have only driven through and cannot truly give an account of the peoples living there or what a major city has to offer!
AND I would Love to hear of your travels!! Dinner before Chamber on the 4th?
E. made me snort into the after-exam drink I was having. Thanks for that. It was a trying day and I needed the laugh. Anyway, I vote for either A or B. I don't think that you have to necessarily spend the night in every state to say you've been there, but then I guess I would also require an expansive definition of "visit" - spending at least 8 hours there or something like that.
Good luck with this quest!
Jennifer: Yes. Will email you laters.
Toi: I am glad that you got a good laugh out of it.
I'm thinking that I do not need to spend the night in Vermont AND New Hampshire AND Connecticut AND Rhode Island, but could stay at one hotel near the edges and do day trips...so I like your answer. I do not want to just spend the night and then move on and count that, either. I think 6-8 hours of out of the car non-sleeping time will qualify for visiting a state.
Post a Comment