Friday, June 19, 2009

But it's a card game!

I forgot how loud thunder can be. It's kind of weirding me out...just a little.

I was hanging out with a guy the other day. He's tall, brunette, devastatingly handsome, Catholic, and I will never date him. No, I'm not being a whiner. I'm not fishing for complements, either. You see, I would never date him. We were hanging out in a very mixed group of people, and a ginormous red flag reading "No Dice" shot up like a pistol.

We were talking about something silly, and one of the other young gentleman at the table said something to the effect of "Obama's health plan is bullshit. He's just leading us on." And boy got all upset. Yay! I thought, Someone who thinks progressively and socially and also showers! . . . I hope my hair looks okay. If only, friends, if only.

Boy: I'm sorry, I can't sit here any more. I don't tolerate foul language.

Me: [dumbfounded silence. staring in disbelief]

Seriously? Where the fuck were you raised that no one swore? Because it wasn't the city, that's for sure. And I know many farmers who all swear as though no one would understand instructions devoid of expletives. A box, then, I should think. Or by a commune of religious zealots who just so happen to be mutes.

And really, who gets their feathers ruffled over "bullshit"? It's a friggin card game.

Oh well. Wedding tomorrow! That'll be. . .I'll let you know how that one goes.

2 comments:

Toi said...

Good luck at the wedding! I think people I know might be getting married soon and I am cringing at the idea of being invited because I think I will be expected to have a date.

Also, I got your message, but I've been having phone problems (including my mother hiding my phone on me because she thinks I text too much.) But, I do work in Grand Rapids on Mondays and Tuesdays so maybe me, you and Sleepygirl can have dinner some time?

SleepyGirl said...

Do I *know* this person? Tell me I know this person.

Also, I vote as well on dinner with Toi, who as an aside said she'd come see me ALL THE TIME now that she's working twice a week in town but have I seen her even once? No.