Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scorpinox is a pretty rockin' name.

A mere 24 hours ago, Mono and I were beginning our Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen adventure. I must say, despite Mono's constant watch-checking and complaints of "Dear God! It's already 2 am and we're not done yet?! I need to work tomorrow, people!" I rather enjoyed the film. No, enjoyed is not the right word. You see, I enjoyed the second Pirates of the Caribbean. I enjoyed the second Matrix film. I *loved* RotF! They kept the same gags, but did not rely on them. The plot was complex enough to keep me involved, but did not lose me or trip all over itself. Michael Bay, of course, did a fantastic job of making me want to simultaneously cheer and vomit from motion sickness.

My only complaint is that the previews sucked. They were all for 12 year olds. Seriously, G-Force? I will happily admit, of course, that I did enjoy this trailer. I am relatively certain that Mr. Shyamalan will not ruin it for me. I mean, any live action of such a fleshed-out cartoon series that compresses three seasons into a single movie is bound to fail a bit, right? But not all the way. . .

On the ride home, Mono and I started talking about how very, very, VERY open the ending was to yet another installment of the lovely franchise.
Me: It would be awesome if they did Beast Wars!
Mono: Yeaaaaaah! I love Beast Wars. The Cheetah!

So we proceeded to talk about the characters from the Beast Wars manifestation and, because Mono thought that Bumblebee was a bee/wasp in this manifestation, and I did not, I told her that I would look it up. And blog it.

Here are the Maximals:

And here is the Wikipedia page, explaining that the Wasp character was evil--not Bumblebee.

2 comments:

SleepyGirl said...

Oh my god, the rat! That's the one I was forgetting!!

Toi said...

I've been meaning to come and re-read your review since I saw movie and I *finally* remembered when I was near a computer tonight.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. Just ... the camera angles. I think I could be a better director than Michael Bay when it comes to filming something so that the audience can actually see it and not just a blur.

Is there anything worse than the preview for GI-Joe: Revenge/Renewal of the Snake/Sometype of other creepy animal I won't touch?
Answer: No. There is nothing worse.