You see, friends, I always end-up working with people with domination complexes. Now, I'm not saying that I don't have a controlling personality. I realize that I am the kind of person that will redo something if it is incomplete, and if it is a group paper, I demand edit time. Because that's just a good idea.
So, there's this girl in my group who has an undergrad degree in pre-med, decided that she didn't have the right stuff to be a doctor, so she wants to work at a medical library instead. Not judging her, I promise. As someone who majored in science, however, she sucks ass at writing. I haven't seen such long sentences since I read Dickens. So, I fixed them. And then I sent the editted draft back to the whole group and said...feel free to take another peak.
She reinserted all of her original text and said that I had changed the meaning of her work by making it grammatically correct. Grrr. Other writing pet-peeves: she began every third sentence with "However" NO COMMA! even when it was a correct use; "there" was present in far too many sentences, considering you should avoid its use like the plague; she would begin numbering things and then just stop using numbers halfway through the list.
Okay, rant over.
In other news, I might be allowed to speak again tomorrow! That'll be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment