Summer 2011 is shaping-up to be not at all what I expected.
First, I was going to go to Ireland and enjoy a drunkenly good time with my cousin. No dice.
Then I was going to Ukraine to teach English as a Second Language. Clearly this would also include a Romania excursion. Not so much anymore.
Now I am working at an hour away community college as a librarian. The pay is fantastic and they pay mileage for my commute, so it is a solid step-up in the world. Just...not what I was expecting to be doing with my summer.
Now I am settling for mini road trips throughout the country, originally one every weekend except the weekend that Harry Potter comes out. Now, I am talking myself out of that for two reasons. Reason one: as much as I enjoy travelling solo, I enjoy somewhat greater travelling with other. Reason two: I need to save-up for an OMG awesome trip that I hope to spend travelling for the entirety of my next summer vacation. EPIC. It's all of $11,000 with air and food and a manageable amount of souvenirs, but it is 47 days in Europe, including a week in Egypt.
So anyway, if anyone wants to go anywhere, I am game.
No comments:
Post a Comment