Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jousting at Dawn

I know that I need to blog about my Spring Break (woo-woo!) but I can't find the thing that I have to plug into my computer to upload the pics form my camera. It's not a cord...it's a USB thing. I love it, but it is the size of a jump drive, so I obviously used it and didn't put it back and it is under my bed or behind a shelf or "somewhere where I will remember where it is". Rookie mistake.

In "I has dollars to spend from Uncle Sam" related news, I am thinking about a Kindle (down, Monica, down!) because it would really reduce my luggage while traveling. Like, a lot. I read 4 books on my road trip, not counting audio books. It was 5 days, a large portion of which was spent in my car. After doing a bit of research, I have decided that I should get the Kindle over the overpriced NookColor and the lesser priced and coincidentally inferior Kobo. My quandary? Kindle or a tablet?

The thing is, the Kindle is less expensive and has free Wi-Fi and 3G so I could do email, Google Maps and all of that, but it is not a tablet. Kindle also has a 3 week battery life between recharges. I understand that Kindles do not accept eLibrary content, but for my uses I can live with that.

The iPad3 is rumored to come in the fall, but would I really want an eReader and a tablet? I am thinking about a tablet on a different platform, but would it really be that much better than just getting a Kindle?

On to more important things:

1 comment:

Jennifer McGraw said...

Okay...not that you're asking for my two cents...
My brother has a xoom and loves it! His wife has a Nook and loves it once she gets books on it but has issues with credit card purchases verses gift card purchases - something about having to re-install everything if she switches??? My friend has an Ipad that she is not thrilled with because she can't play farmville on it - my brother - an apple hater- says it's because Ipad doesn't have a flash player..
Have fun with your purchase and think about a time for some drinks and dinner!!
How many states did you get in?