Do you have those friends that are a huge drain on your time because they are needy and mopey and sad? And then you see them around other people and realize that you are not even a **good** friend of theirs? Because they ignore you and act superior to you when these others are around?
Lame. Annoying. There are many words to describe this, but I digress.
Well, one of this special brood has been very...needy...lately. I try to be nice, but if you are not going to tell me what is wrong but just dance around it and say "woe is me"--let's face it, this can only go on so long.
So, when at 1am this morning I get a phone call from said person, I wanted to rip my hair out in frustration. I had to be at school in 6 hours, which meant that I had to get up in 5 which meant I was sleeping! Friends, when working 40-50 hours a week, sleep is very important. Add to this the fact that I love sleep. I love sleeping so much that in College I had a designated "Sleep-in Day" on the calendar.
Luckily, I refrained from answering with "Who dares disturb my slumber," opting instead for "Listen, I hate to be a downer, but I only answered to make it stop ringing, because I want to sleep before I have to get up in 5 hours. Actually, I thought that the ringing was my alarm."
THEN HE APOLOGIZED FOR 10 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!! I not only understand, but appreciate the apology, but for the love! Just say "sorry. I can call later--or shoot you an email."
In summary: do not call me at 1am on a work night. You have been warned.
1 comment:
I make no promises.....
Post a Comment